Who Must Attend?
Personnel responsible for any hazardous waste management procedures, including environmental coordinators, managers, engineers, and hazardous waste handlers, emergency coordinators and alternates. Annual training is required under
40 CFR §262.34 and 265.
Program includes a course manual with an index for 40 CFR 260-268 and a current copy of the DOT HazMat Table. Please note that this workshop consists of lectures, work projects, question & answer sessions and testing. Participants must attend and participate in all classroom sessions to receive a certification of successful completion.
One year free hotline service to answer questions and to assist you in applying what you have learned. Reminder notices one month in advance of your re-certification date.
• Overview of Laws & Regulations
• Liability Issues
• Identification & Listing of Hazardous Waste
• Chemical Compatibility
• Generator’s Responsibilities
• Land Disposal Restrictions
• Universal Wastes
• Used Oil
• Enforcement & Penalties
• Summary of DOT Shipping Requirements
• Hazardous Substances & Reportable
• Recent Rule Changes (HWGIR-Hazardous Waste Generators Improvements Rule)